Claims and remittance advices can be submitted and retrieved electronically through your existing clearinghouse or billing company. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- You do not need to enroll for electronic claims submission, however, to receive an 835, one of the following must occur:
- Submit a claim electronically. If the NPI is not already flagged for 835, the payer customer support will be notified by EDI that the provider wants to receive 835. This process will take 24 hours for the 835 indicator to be flagged.
- The clearinghouse or billing company can notify the EDI technical support desk via email that the provider wants to receive 835s. The technical support desk will notify the payer customer support in advance of receiving the claims. The technical support desk email is [email protected].
- If you are using a clearinghouse or billing company, notify them that you wish to submit claims electronically and retrieve remittance advice for the Plan. You can provide the Plan Payer ID but be aware that each clearinghouse or billing company may have their own unique naming convention for payer IDs.
- If you do not use a clearinghouse or billing company, you can use the EZ-NET Provider Portal for online submission.
- Providers can submit claims through their clearinghouse and receive electronic remits. Please contact your clearinghouse to request the Payer ID if not shown on your clearinghouse payer list. If your clearinghouse has any questions, please have them contact Exchange EDI helpdesk directly at 888-635-0009 Call: 888-635-0009 Option 2. Note: This helpdesk does not provide EZ-NET support, instead, contact [email protected].
For ease of processing payment, electronic claims are preferred; however, if you are unable to send us a claim electronically, please mail it to:
Align Senior Care
PO Box 908
Addison, TX 75001-0908